What is Vizly?
Vizly is an enterprise-focused, privacy-focused AI data insights platform that takes an analysis query in plain English and shares results and insights. It does not have a SaaS model (yet) and is focused more on on-cloud deployment for enterprises.
How did the test go?
- No way to try the product. That’s a bummer. Given the dense nature of the competition, I would expect every player to showcase what they got. Couldn’t find a demo either (this was written on 9/21/23). So the product claims to work with enterprise databases where you can query and get answers. Some major questions in my head:
- Will it run only SQL-based queries, or can the code invoke libraries like Scikit-Learn, StatsModels, etc?
- Can it run analysis across multiple data sets and data types?
- Do the queries run on the databases directly or run on snapshot data frames?
- The website claims ‘fine-tuned’. So the big question is, how? Finetuning and embedding are 2 different techniques for building contextual research and analysis. So more light here may help enterprises understand the value.
Will I pay for a product like Vizly?
PowerBI Copilot now has similar capabilities with a larger integration range. I am sure all incumbent BI tools like Looker, Tableau, Quicksight, Qliq, etc., will build these straightforward SQL-based query engines, if not already. And ChatGPT Enterprise is a big threat to everyone in this space (including us – NeoAnalyst.ai).
So I will not be ready to pay as of now. But given the YC pedigree, I expect the founders to add more awesome functionalities in the future or pivot until they find PMF.
KUDOS to Vizly folks for starting with a niche focus.